News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

obhai 1022-wifi

Started by ladyh, October 04, 2024, 01:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladyh

Hi... I understand obi devices are being discontinued...however I own a 200 & 202 that I don't use but have the obhai 1022 which I have been using now for years.

After some googling, I have come to the conclusion,perhaps since I do have the OBI wifi dongle connected to the 1022 (which I thought it was ethernet).

I'm thinking my 1022 will be still functional as I'm using my wifi ssid and password for google.  The question is 1) will it still work under wifi after discontinuation?

and 2) looking at the wifi setup via the IP address, it says under service provider signaling protocol is google voice, BUT under programmable keys it says Service obitalk.Does the service obitalk need to change?

I can change things but need to know what to change when obitalk is deactivated..

Thanks

drgeoff

Obitalk Service is used when calling other OBi devices by dialling **9 followed by the 9  digit OBi number  of the called OBi. There is no dependency in either direction between such calls and GV calls.

**9 type calls will cease to function when the Obitalk servers are decommissioned.  OBi devices which are working with GV today will continue to do so until any of the circumstances I have explained several times previously befalls them. The 31 October switch-off by HP is not one of them.

ladyh

So I guess, in other words, I don't need to change anything.. Sorry I don't know what **9 is and I tried searching what it is on here with no results.

drgeoff

Quote from: ladyh on October 04, 2024, 03:29:34 PMSo I guess, in other words, I don't need to change anything.. Sorry I don't know what **9 is and I tried searching what it is on here with no results.
Which part of the first sentence of my reply above do you not understand?

ladyh

never mind I will find help elsewhere.