News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

Google Voice and Obi200 adapter issues

Started by Balu, August 03, 2024, 04:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balu

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have experienced problems with my obi200 adapter (from OBIHAI). I am seeing this issue only recently for the past few months. I understand that OBI and Obitalk has discontinued support. Please bear with me if these issues have already been addressed - I couldn't find the link. The problem I see is this:

1) I can't call from my android mobile phone to a google voice number connected with Obi200 adapter. The call gets disconnected after 2 rings. But I can call from a phone connected to my Google Voice to another number connected to Google Voice (both using obi200 adapter).

2) When someone calls my phone connected to my google voice, they get the message that this number cannot be reached and might be disconnected.

3) The party I was trying to call (phone connected to google voice with Obi200 adapter) doesn't experience any such issues. Why is it that a call from Android mobile phone to this google voice number has this issue? I couldn't understand this.

Is there any fix that I can try to make this work. I don't see another google voice compatible adapter that will work with basic google voice.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Bala

drgeoff

I don't fully understand your post.  Please confirm:

You have one Obi200.

You have 2 GV accounts (ie 2 GV numbers).

Both GV numbers are configured on the OBi200.

You have a cellphone.  Is its number registered as a forwarded endpoint with 0, 1 or 2 of the GV accounts?

Using the phone instrument plugged into the OBi200, dial ***1 and note the IP address that is read out to you.  Put that address into a browser on the same LAN as the OBi200.  At the login page the defaults are both admin.

In the left column click on Status, then on System Status. Scroll down to see the sections for SP1 Service Status through SP4 Service Status.  Whichever two of those you used for GV should show Status as Connected.