News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

Obi 202 - Lost configuration: New Obitalk Error Popups today

Started by BGood, September 04, 2024, 12:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGood

When I booted my desktop today, instead of the notmal Connected and Registered status reports for SP 1 & 2, I get the attached Error popups shown in the accompanying screenshots A and B. 

Should I click "Continue" in screenshot B and attempt to re-add the Obi or is this what the end of the line looks like?

Thanks.

BGood

Yes, I'm having problems with the forum software uploading attachments.  Haven't had this problem before, but same problem uploading attachments this morning.

I have no problem selecting the files, but when I try to upload the jpg images a bunch of html appeares in red instead.  I'll try again both as jpg, png, and pdf and see if it makes any difference.  It doesn't.  Here is a sample error dialog content after clicking upload (probably coming from the forum software):

Obi screenshot A.png <html> <head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head> <body> <center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> 0.2 MB

Too bad I can't show you since a picture is worth a thousand words.  But here's my description:

In the Obi dashboard, instead of getting 'Connected' and 'Registered' there is "Error Click here for more" in red. And after clicking I get a new dialog with the following text:

Unmanaged Device
This device is currently unmanaged by OBiTALK. Either your device was factory reset, or the provsioning was disabled from the local web page. The device will need to be added to OBiTALK again. This requires physical access to the device. Click 'Continue' below to start the process of re-adding the OBi.
Continue

So, should I click continue?

Taoman

Forget the message for now, you haven't said whether SP1 and SP2 are currently working or not.

Do not "click continue."

What is the status of System Management-->Auto Provisioning-->ITSP Provisioning and also

Voice Services-->OBiTALK Service-->OBiTALK Service Settings?

Are they enabled or disabled?

drgeoff

1. Yes I had that attachment problem both of the last two times I tried to add some. Gave up trying. All part of the death by 1000 (intentional or accidental) cuts.

2. In case not clear , the status values that Taoman requested are obtained from the OBi's local onboard webserver.

BGood

Sad metaphor about the 1000 cuts. I tried image insertion with inline html and that did not work either.

Bottom line, mindful of the ObiTalk discussion in the forums I did not click the continue button and lose any existing Obi configuration.  

Magically, by mid-morning SP1 and SP2 status went from red "Error Click here for more" to green "Registered" and "Connected".  Go figure.

Thanks for checking in to my help request.