News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

Callcentric 2nd Line Voicemail?

Started by jxzz, May 11, 2012, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jxzz

I need help on my OBI100 GV + Callcentric setup.   I used to use GV for 1st line, callcentric freedom acc + ipkall for 2nd line backup.  I also set up my gv to forward to ipkall number under google voice forward setting.

This setup helped me in the last down time, and my phone worked in the latest down turn and I was able to receive 2nd line CC when the GV failed badly days ago.  However,  after that event I encountered issues with this setup.  First all, I ordered a free DID number from callcentric to replace ipkall to test it out. It was unreliable and popping up callcentric error msg or voicemail immediately after pretty much 1 ring.  Then I sent ticket to callcentric, and they claimed that it was obi100 box to cause this problem  and Obi was sending refusal signal.   

I enabled callcentric voicemail and deleted GV callcentric settings in obi100 box and reentered  2 line dumb setting mode in obitalk. The immediate error msg and  callcentric voicemail issue seems to be fixed. 

However, callcentric voicemail is still not working properly.  When I used my cell phone called ipkall or callcentric DID number on Obi 2nd lin,  rings 5 times, I got callcentric msg "please enter security code".    voicemail of callcentric at 2nd line seems not working even though my obi is able to use **2*123 to retrieve callcentric voicemail.   Callcentric seems to expect my cell phone call as retrieving voicemail with PIN, but in fact, my call should enter voicemail after 5 rings to leave a msg in correct behavior.

RonR

jxzz,

I recently acquired one of Callcentric's free DID's attached to my Callcentric Freedom and I'm not having any problems with it.  Callcentric is configured as SP2 on an OBi100.  When I call the DID, either from my cell phone or Google Voice, the telephone connected to the OBi rings for 30 seconds and goes to Callcentric voicemail as expected if not answered.

I'm not sure what to tell you, but it doesn't appear there is any problem with the OBi from my experience.

jxzz

factory reset Obi100,  added GV first line, tested, good.  2nd line empty,   use PC SIP phone on callcentric account, tested callcentric voicemail feature on PC, good worked.

added callcentric account on 2nd line of ob100,  worked for everything else except callcentric voicemail.   Calling callcentric DID or ipkall # on same acc would generate a msg after 8-10 rings (please enter security code).  Checking callcentric voicemail, a woman (machine) msg "push 1 for accepting call, push 2 for voicemail". 

So far not ideal,  GV + CC worked for neneral use, but CC second line voice mail seems not working under OBI setup, but works under PC softphone environment.  The problem seems more of OBI100 problem.

RonR

FWIW, I have the following non-default settings on my Callcentric configuration:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Callcentric
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(*123|<'S'B:**275*>xx.|<**275*:SB>xx.|[2-9]11S0|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|
011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> STUNEnable : (checked)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> STUNServer : stun.ideasip.com

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod : 3600

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777-------
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : --------
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : RonR
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

jxzz

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

This above option is not available for my Obi100 firmware, updated latest days ago.  You probably have older verion software. 

RonR

Quote from: jxzz on May 12, 2012, 05:27:11 PM

This above option is not available for my Obi100 firmware, updated latest days ago.  You probably have older verion software. 

I'm running the latest firmware [1.3.0 (Build: 2711)].

That setting is not available on the OBiTALK Web Portal.

jxzz

I sent a ticket to obi support.  Hope they can solve the voicemail problem.

There are lots of users here using GV + CC setup,  it should not be a problem.

jxzz

Tried many methods to fix the CC voicemail issue and failed today messing with Callcentric settings and obi100 settings.

Finally I found a fix,  not ideal but at least works:

(1) Obi100 just standard google voice + callcentric 2nd line,  no expert setting, just the easy mode settings.

(2) Under callcentric account,  the default voicemail ring is 60 seconds,  reduced this to 30 seconds, about 5 rings, it worked. 

It seems that when the rings go on for longer time, the dreaded "please enter security code" greetings and " push 1 for call, push 2 for voicemail"  Obi100 msg would show up.  But when I reduce the callcentric ring to 30 seconds,  the callcentric voicemail shows up in my several test correctly.

The extra unwanted "push 1 push 2" woman machine voice still show up in callcentric voicemail randomly even under 30 seconds setting, but at least the caller gets the normal callcentric greetings and beep to leave msg. 

Google voice rings about 3 and half before voicemail,  callcentric line 2 rings 5, so that google voicemail still works fine under this setting

jxzz

Google voice phone number rings both obi100 line 1 and line2,  in theory if line1 is connected, line2 callcentric account should be silent doing nothing. 

Details of test ring on line1  GV number:

Line1 3 rings on google voice #, call connected on line 1 and talked for 10 + minutes.

But found out later that line 2 callcentric account also got the woman machine message in voicemail, in exact  word:

" XXX Voicemail system, so you need press 1 to take this call. To accept press 1, to send voicemail
press 2."

For whatever reason,  Obi100 box triggered this and left msg on callcentric 2nd line.   

RonR

Quote from: jxzz on May 14, 2012, 09:07:19 AM
Google voice phone number rings both obi100 line 1 and line2,  in theory if line1 is connected, line2 callcentric account should be silent doing nothing. 

In my previous testing with an OBi100, I didn't have Google Voice (which is configured on SP1) also ringing my Callcentric DID (which is configured on SP2).  After doing so, however, I still don't experience anything unexpected.

You need to be aware of what occurs with this particular configuration (confirmed by Ethernet monitoring):

1. An incoming call to your Google Voice number will generate a call directly to your OBi (SP1) and a call to your Callcentric DID.

2. The call directly to your OBi (SP1) will very likely be received first (although this is not guaranteed) and the PHONE Port will start ringing.

3. The call to your Callcentric DID will result in Callcentric trying to ring your OBi via SP2.  (This call is very delayed in my case.  It's not clear whether this is a problem with Google Voice or Callcentric.)

4. The OBi will immediately report BUSY to Callcentric because it can't accept a second call (CallWaiting) while the PHONE Port is ringing.

5. Callcentric voicemail answers the call, resulting in Google Voice canceling the call directly to your OBi (SP1).  The caller hears Callcentric's voicemail.

There's also potential for 'race' conditions in this scenario.  For example:

1. You answer the call directly to your OBi (SP1) call just before the SIP INVITE from Callcentric arrives, resulting in the OBi producing a CallWaiting indication.  Google Voice cancels the call to your Callcentric DID, which should cause Callcentric to abandon the call to your OBi via SP2, but this might take several seconds to propagate through the PSTN system.

2. You don't answer the call directly to your OBi (SP1).  Depending on how delayed the call from Google Voice to your Callcentric DID is, Google Voice voicemail instead of Callcentric voicemail may take the call.

I haven't come up with an explanation as to why any of this might confuse Callcentric's voicemail system, especially since it doesn't appear to occur here.  Plus I see the OBi responding to Callcentric just as it should.

You might want to use Wireshark to monitor what's occurring in your situation to lay to rest whether the fault is with the OBi or Callcentric.

jxzz

My setting on simutanously ringing line1 GV and line 2 CC is not working out well.

Well, I gave up.  Now I only set up one ring on one line, which is line 2 of callcentric.

It appears that ipkall  + callcentric is more reliable to receive calls than the GV on obi100.  Let's see. 

I also reduced voicemail ring to 20 seconds to minimize any confusion on obi100.