News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 v1.3.0 (Build: 2765) crashes all the time accepting new calls

Started by OZOi, December 29, 2012, 02:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OZOi

With the latest firmware OBi100 crashes all the time it receives incoming calls.

Participants:
1. OBi100, firmware v1.3.0 (Build: 2765)
2. SIP switch - FreeSWITCH (latest build)
3. Calling SIP client - CSipSimple, r2063

Test call:
14:10:29 - CSS (CSipSimple) makes call to OBi100
14:10:40 - OBi100 accepts the call and dies immediately, going to reboot
14:10:48 - CSS ends the call from its side

Here is log, collected by FreeSWITCH during that session: http://pastebin.com/Yzx06kXE

Crash / reboot is happening all the time.

Please help to fix the problem.

CoalMinerRetired

> Please help to fix the problem.
You need to contact Obi support to address this.

OZOi

I've posted description of the problem here in a hope, that OBi support reads this forum and cares about serious issues like crash or instant reboot while OBi ATA is accepting a call. I'm ready to provide any details and to help to repeat the test on their side reproduce the problem.

CoalMinerRetired

ProfTech

I'm not sure if what I saw could be related to your issue or not but I updated (1) Obi 100 and (2) 110's on Friday and both of the 110's showed an "apparent" crash [uptime showed xxx but there was no reboot code] within a few hours. My 110 did it twice. So I saved the config and did a paper clip factory reset on the unit I have here. After putting the passwords back in I have only made one test call. Stayed online for 3 minutes with no issues. Will have to watch it for a few days. I already reported it to obi.

rsriram22

have my obi up for the last 2 days. (after the latest f/w upgrade)....
have two 100s and one 110

lhm.

No problem on Obi 100, up for 2 Days 16:44:26 after install of Build: 2765.

OZOi

I think I know the cause of those crashes. If other party supports ZRTP, it may crash OBi100.

I've just downloaded and tried the new firmware v1.3.0.2774. And I see some improvements. OBi100 crashes way less frequently. But unfortunately, it's still happening time to time with come SIP clients. In particular, when I make/receive call to/from CSipSimple (android client, supporting ZRTP) it may crash OBi100. Again, less frequently, but nevertheless it still crashing.

I hope for complete fix of this problem. With more and more SIP clients providing support for ZRTP it will become important to keep OBi100 stable...