News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

gv911 fails - any other 911 services

Started by Culeboards, June 24, 2024, 02:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Culeboards

Oddly it was me that informed the gv911 rep that Expert Config. no longer exists on Obitalk, thus the instructions they send us are useless.
So, I would be so grateful for some help in setting up any 911 service for my Obi200 home phone.
THANK YOU

Taoman

Quote from: Culeboards on June 24, 2024, 02:47:57 PMSo, I would be so grateful for some help in setting up any 911 service for my Obi200 home phone.
THANK YOU
I don't use GV911 but I do the same thing they do but route 911 to my local PSAP (911 center) 10-digit emergency number that has the same priority as a regular 911 call. The downside to this method is that the 911 center won't get your physical address like they would with a normal 911 call. However, pretty much every PSAP keeps a database of all incoming calls and I have given them my name and address. So if I call 911 with my Google Voice number my name and address immediately pops up on their screen. You won't have this issue if you're using GV911.com.

Have you already paid for a GV911 subscription? If so, you can easily configure your OBi device to use it.

You need to login to your 200 using the built in web user interface by pointing your web browser to the ip address of your OBi200. Password for both username and password is admin. Note: my directions will be different than the GV911 directions but accomplishes the same thing.

Once logged into your OBi, navigate to:
System Management-->Auto Provisioning-->OBiTalk Provisioning-->Method
Change Method to Disabled.
Submit and save your changes and then reboot your OBi device

After reboot, log back in to your OBi device and navigate to:
Physical Interfaces-->Phone Port1-->OutboundCallRoute
Uncheck the box under Default column on the far right side of OutboundCallRoute
At the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute, enter the string that GV911 provides. Edit: the following assumes you want 911 calls to go out via SP1.
{(<911:14242798234>S0|<922:14242798235>S0):sp1}, yes, use curly brackets{} instead of parentheses() and don't forget the trailing comma ,

Submit and save your changes and then reboot your OBi200.

Test your changes by dialing 922. What happens?

You would need to coordinate with your 911 center prior to testing calling 911.

drgeoff

Just to make it absolutely clear, that string is to be inserted before what is already there.  It does not replace any of what is already there.

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on June 25, 2024, 08:41:15 AMJust to make it absolutely clear, that string is to be inserted before what is already there.  It does not replace any of what is already there.
I screwed up in my original post. Although I redirected 911 and 922, I forgot to route it anywhere. DOH!
That's not necessary using the GV911 directions since they are editing the SP DigitMap.