News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

Obi 200 - What comes next?

Started by Laundryguy78704, July 02, 2024, 06:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laundryguy78704

Since the Obi 200 is EOL, what is coming next?  How long will my Obi 200 continue to work?

drgeoff

I cannot predict how long my OBi200 will continue to work. How do you expect me or anyone else to make an accurate guess about yours?

SteveInWA

Quote from: Laundryguy78704 on July 02, 2024, 06:42:52 PMSince the Obi 200 is EOL, what is coming next?  How long will my Obi 200 continue to work?
There is nothing that will come next.  As documented here:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=20270.0

Your OBi 200 will continue to work with a previously-authorized Google Voice service until that authorization is revoked, or the underlying Google Voice service is suspended or deleted. 

"Authorization" means:  the initial authorization you granted to the OBiTALK device to use the Google Voice service on your Gmail account.  Some of the things that can cause this authorization to be revoked are:
  • You deleted the Google Voice service provider configuration (e.g. SP1--SP4).
  • Your device had a hardware failure.
  • You factory-reset your device.
  • You deleted the "OBiTALK Device" on your Google Voice settings page.
  • Your underlying Google Voice service was suspended for violating Google Voice's Acceptable Use Policy.

To quash persistent rumors or conspiracy theories:  no, Google is not discontinuing support for existing OBiTALK device authorizations, and it is not shutting down this support.

Laurieise

Quote from: Laundryguy78704 on July 02, 2024, 06:42:52 PMSince the Obi 200 is EOL, what is coming next?  How long will my Obi 200 continue to work?slope game
Until the underlying Google Voice service is discontinued or destroyed, or the permission is withdrawn, your OBi 200 will keep working with an approved Google Voice service.

wb7shc

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 14, 2024, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: Laundryguy78704 on July 02, 2024, 06:42:52 PMSince the Obi 200 is EOL, what is coming next?  How long will my Obi 200 continue to work?
There is nothing that will come next.  As documented here:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=20270.0

Your OBi 200 will continue to work with a previously-authorized Google Voice service until that authorization is revoked, or the underlying Google Voice service is suspended or deleted. 

"Authorization" means:  the initial authorization you granted to the OBiTALK device to use the Google Voice service on your Gmail account.  Some of the things that can cause this authorization to be revoked are:
  • Your underlying Google Voice service was suspended for violating Google Voice's Acceptable Use Policy.

To quash persistent rumors or conspiracy theories:  no, Google is not discontinuing support for existing OBiTALK device authorizations, and it is not shutting down this support.

If this question has been previously answered, please accept my apologies, but it goes to the existing provisioning of a working OBI200 device. Is it possible to save, and then later reload the existing configuration, to restore the device? If so, can that configuration be loaded in another spare OBI device?

Bill

drgeoff

Quote from: wb7shc on July 22, 2024, 06:57:08 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on July 14, 2024, 04:14:50 PM

If this question has been previously answered, please accept my apologies, but it goes to the existing provisioning of a working OBI200 device. Is it possible to save, and then later reload the existing configuration, to restore the device? If so, can that configuration be loaded in another spare OBI device?

Bill
Not possible to save and restore to original or new device.