News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

multi-line IP phone

Started by DarkMagik, July 30, 2024, 09:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkMagik

Hello.
Is it possible for me to buy a multi-line IP phone and use the Obi portal to forward my calls to that phone? Basically, I want to use three GV numbers and have them ring on two phones at the same time. One will be in my office the other at my home office. I'd like to be able to tell which number was dialed on each phone.

drgeoff

Quote from: DarkMagik on July 30, 2024, 09:00:58 PMHello.
Is it possible for me to buy a multi-line IP phone and use the Obi portal to forward my calls to that phone? Basically, I want to use three GV numbers and have them ring on two phones at the same time. One will be in my office the other at my home office. I'd like to be able to tell which number was dialed on each phone.
1. The Obi portal does not forward calls.

2. With the possible exception of calls over the obitalk network (**9 followed by the 9 digit OBi of the callee) no calls go through the portal.

3.  No IP phones except OBi1000 and OBi2000 series work with consumer GV. They are no longer manufactured. You are likely to find that they can no longer be configured for GV

lourdeskuhic

You can buy an iPhone, it's convenient to use but the battery drains quite quickly, but in return I think if you log in to Facebook, it can also ring, but the problem of having a regular phone number ring 2 times is very difficult.