News:

The OBiTALK service has reached it's End of Life period and will be decommissioned as of October 31st, 2024. More information can be found at this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_10969583-11049883-16

Main Menu

What is the Point of Reseting Your Password

Started by ThisIsIt, September 26, 2024, 03:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisIsIt

If polycom is taking down the site why do we have to reset our password since the whole site is going down anyway.  Unless everyone who updates the password tells HP the number of really active users to the site and helps them decide whether or not to keep the site running.  End of life was back in Dec of 2023 but that was a lie because I setup a unit in March of 2024 and it works fine.  I am waiting for OCT 31 to really see the truth of what will happen because what do I have to loose? Maybe all you loose is the ability to alter configurations using the site, but if you can do it via the browser and web GUI you are OK.  Just don't change anything and the device still works with GV.  If it works don't fix it.  If the device stops working I have found that if I pull power and re-apply power the device works again.  Also you are married to your GV account and number because if that changes the device is a brick unless someone will post how you can change that via the web GUI.

drgeoff

My guess is that your username and new password for the Obitalk forum will be transferred to some HP forum.  The Obitalk forum and all its posts will be gone.